How to use a massage gun on your feet
How to Use a Massage Gun on Your Feet
Percussion massage on the sole of the foot is a fantastic way to relieve sore feet and relax overworked feet. While we are on our feet all day the muscles that support the arch and keep us balanced are working hard, and they can really let us know about it by the end of the day. Poor footwear choices can add to the discomfort. The MG-1 Pro Massage Gun comes with eight different attachments and twenty levels of speed, this allows you to customize your foot massage.
- Chose your attachment heads: The small round head is excellent for overall foot massage, especially for beginners. If you want to target particular trigger points on the feet, you could also use the bullet head.
- Get into position: It’s important that your feet are relaxed, so find a comfortable position. One option is sitting on a seat with one foot over the top of your leg.
- Pick the speed: Set a level that’s comfortable and feels right for you. We always advise you to start on the lowest level and only increase it if you desire a deeper massage.NOTE: The highest power on the massage gun isn't always right for the foot area.
- Apply The Massage Gun: You can use the MG-1 Pro Massage Gun over your shoe or directly on your feet. Move the gun slowly around the sole of your foot for a maximum of two minutes, and then repeat on the other foot
- Explore: These are just suggestions; you can use any attachment and any speed anywhere on your body. Experiment and figure out which attachment head feels best for you. Just be careful not to overdo it and stop if you feel any pain.
Things to Avoid When Using a Massage Gun on Your Feet
Feet can be sensitive, and they do have some boney areas you will need to watch out for. Giving your feet a massage gun treatment can feel amazing and relaxing, but it’s important to be aware of a few things you need to avoid.
- Massaging for too long
Remember less is more when it comes to a deep tissue massage gun. Always stick to no more than two minutes. Percussion therapy is powerful, and you only need to use your massage gun for a maximum of two minutes on each foot to feel the benefits.
- Going over the ankles
Don’t use the massage gun on your ankles, as this is where the posterior tibial nerve lies, which is a very sensitive area. You will experience benefits to your ankle by using the massage gun on the bottom of your feet.
- Going too fast
Start off slowly by using the lowest setting and with an attachment head that feels best for you. See how you feel after using the lowest setting and if desired you can gradually work up to a higher setting. The MG-1 pro has 20 intense speed settings so you will not need to reach the highest speed of setting 20 for a foot massage.
- Using for too long
After only 2 minutes of using a massage gun on any part of your body you will feel the benefits. The feet are exactly the same. Don't overdo it when it comes to massaging your feet. The sides of the feet contain important nerves, so avoid this area. The back of the heel can be bruised easily too so avoid the heel too.
- Ignoring pain
Stop immediately if you feel any type of pain, You shouldn’t experience pain from a massage gun. If you do, it may be a sign to stop or slow down. This will avoid injury or cause the pain to get worse.
Whether you spend a lot of time sitting down or you spend all day on your feet everyone can benefit from a foot massage.
Your feet support your whole body, and it's so important you take good care of them!
To treat your feet to a massage session SHOP NOW with the link below.